We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is now part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
- Our data science team tackles some of the hardest quantitative challenges at Getaround and have a decisive impact on Getaround’s growth. You will work in the Marketplace Dynamics squad to build core algorithms of our two-sided marketplace.
- Some of the key use cases are:
- Pricing: Forecast the two-sided marketplace and model its dynamics to optimize pricing for our car owners.
- Search engine: dynamically rank and filter cars to maximize conversion.
- Experimentation: Improve the statistical methodology behind our experimentation platform to ensure that our understanding of product changes is rigorous and accurate
What you'll work on:
- Model development: Developing data products to optimise our two sided marketplace such as pricing, search ranking. You’ll have the end-to-end ownership of model developments: from data collection and preparation, model optimisation and evaluation to deploying in production.
- Evaluation: Develop innovative statistical ways to evaluate pricing strategies and run experiments within the marketplace.
- Exploration: Perform ad-hoc analysis to assess opportunities
- Data Science practice: Contribute to developing our tools, processes and best practices to make sure we work in a fast and reliable manner.
- Data stack: Collaborate with engineers in the team to evolve the data stack for new challenges: Our current stack relies on Python (pandas, scikit-learn, prophet, lightgbm) for machine-learning ; and SQL with dbt for the prior data-modeling. Other tools include: Snowflake, Astronomer (Airflow), Docker, AWS Fargate, Jupyter notebooks, Tableau, Metabase..
Who you'll work with:
- Reporting to our Data Science Manager in a team of 3 data scientists
- Dotted line reporting to Adem, our Head of Pricing, who is leading our Marketplace Dynamics efforts. You’ll also collaborate strongly with pricing managers and analysts.
- Work with a product manager, designer and engineers within the Marketplace Dynamics feature squad.
- Strong collaboration with other data folks. The data team currently has 10 persons.
What you will bring to the table:
- A prior experience developing machine learning models at scale, preferably in a tech environment.
- A proven ability to tailor machine learning solutions to business challenges and user needs in a cross-functional team
- Solid understanding of statistics
- Experience in programming (Python preferred)
- Experience with cloud technologies and data ops tools a strong plus
- Keen eye for details and thoughtful investigations of data before relying upon it
- You are pragmatic and take an iterative approach to build and deliver models
- You’re a team player, have excellent communication skills, understand the value of collaboration and work well within a team
- Fluent written and spoken English
What we offer:
- Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the centre of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town, and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria. We have headquarters in San Francisco and European offices in Paris and Oslo
- A remote friendly policy: this position is based in our Paris office with up to 2 days of remote work per week (we’re also open to full remote applications). Like all our employees, you’ll get a monthly subsidy to cover part of your work-related expenses at home
- A company culture that seeks to reinforce Diversity, Equity and Inclusion thanks to a dedicated task force. A work environment where you’re empowered and can be authentic
- A Swile lunch card
- The latest Apple equipment
- Unlimited €30 vouchers for your Getaround bookings