We’re the world's leading carsharing platform, with millions of users around the world, sharing thousands of cars in over 950 cities across 8 countries.
Our mission is simple: Make our cities better places to live through carsharing.
Carsharing empowers people to move in a smarter and more sustainable way: studies show that one shared car replaces between 4 and 10 privately owned cars, which frees up space in our cities while giving communities 24/7 access to cars when they need them.
With our connected car technology, users can quickly and easily book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app, without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys.
To reach our vision of a world where all cars are shared, we need a strong team to help us disrupt car ownership. We look for people who are curious, positive, and engaged; who can adapt and learn quickly; who have the skills and smarts to reach their goals autonomously, while having the generosity and mindset to work collaboratively. No matter your role, background, or level of experience, we believe that every member of the team can have an impact.
We’re extremely proud to be certified a “Great Place to Work” in 2022!
- Be part of the multidisciplinary SRE team, and evolve among skilled engineers. Work closely with Laurent, senior SRE, and Guillaume, senior backend engineer.
- Collaborate with engineers from several other teams to bring the SRE perspective to complex technical endeavors.
- Build: Provide the best developer experience to our development and data teams
- Run: Contribute to ensuring the stability, scalability, and reliability of Getaround’s platform
What you'll do
- Ensure our applications’ stability, reliability, and performance
- Support the developers to ensure they have the best possible tools to get work done
- Develop and enrich our monitoring infrastructure
- Enforce state-of-the-art practices in terms of security and secret management
- Develop and maintain our deployment and CI tools
- Take part in the design and improvement of our technical stack.
- Assist the data team in building reliable infrastructure, workflows, and tooling
- Share your knowledge with the team, and contribute to our documentation and presentations
- Automate (almost) everything: Infrastructure, CI, Deployment, Monitoring, and so on
- Help conceive and rollout our current switch of hosting platform towards a more flexible solution
- Contribute to the technical discussions about platform integrations with our US counterparts
What you'll bring
- We're looking for rigorous people with a strong hacker mindset who cherish creating highly reliable software in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- 5+ years of significant experience in development
- A taste for hands-on technical endeavors and exploring/assessing/adopting new tools when necessary
- Experience in shipping and maintaining code in production (Prior knowledge of Ruby and/or Rails is a plus)
- A good understanding of the constraints of a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- A general understanding of the underlying components of a production system (CDN, web servers, asynchronous workers, storage, network, relational databases, or cache databases)
- The ability to find trade-offs to balance technical excellence and business needs.
- Prior knowledge about infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipelines, data pipelines, or PaaS services is a plus, but a motivated curiosity about these topics is enough
- Communication skills, being comfortable working in a team, and the ability to work with non-technical colleagues
- Comfortable with the English language (written and spoken)
Why join us
- 🌎 Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco and an office in Oslo. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- 🌱 The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study (ADEME) has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- 🧠 A place to learn and grow with weekly 1 on 1 meeting with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), optional annual training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- 💰 Competitive salary based on your level of experience
- 🌐 An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium, and Austria.
- 🏡 A remote-friendly policy: This position is based in our Paris office with up to 3 days of remote work per week (we’re also open to full remote applications).
- 📝 A monthly subsidy to cover part of your work-related expenses at home
- 🤝 Getaround is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion of all our Getarounders
- 🗓 A €200 annual credit and unlimited 20% vouchers for your Getaround bookings
- 💫 Health insurance
- 🏝 RTT
- 🍽 A Swile lunch card
- 💻 5%Apple equipment