We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is now part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
- Our Analytics Engineering team operates as an enabler for the rest of the data team and our product. We allow other contributors to operate in a fast and reliable manner by building intuitive contribution frameworks (version control, testing, multiple environments, and continuous integration), and overseeing data warehousing developments to maintain high standards of reliability, performance and reusability of assets.
- As the analytics engineer intern, you ensure the sanity of our existing codebase and exposed data assets. You audit data transformation pipelines and assess their coding standards conformity and performance. You archive legacy code and suggest strategic improvements or implement them when necessary.
- This internship is an amazing opportunity to discover the internals of a data team in a tech environment, and learn a lot on modern data tools
What you'll work on:
- Audit existing pipelines, suggest and implement technical contributions to achieve upgraded versions of existing workflows
- Anticipate risks and performance issues every step of the way for your code and other contributor’s
- Ensure the reliability of the data we display by setting up automated SQL tests
- Ensure the consistency and relevance of our data definitions by closely monitoring all contributions on our data warehouse
- Design alerting systems to anticipate discrepancies, quality or performance issues.
- Investigate, and suggest fixes
- Explore new features we could make use of in or beyond our stack and build action plans to integrate them
- Seize the opportunity of being a dbt user to contribute to the thriving open source community we are part of
Who you'll work with:
- Your will report to Loic, our analytics engineering manager. You will have daily interactions with data analysts and data scientists.
What tools we use:
- We constantly maintain our stack up to speed with advanced tools corresponding our needs
- Databases and storage: Snowflake, MySQL, S3
- Extraction and orchestration: Airflow and Stitch
- Transformation: dbt
- Continuous integration: GitHub and CircleCI
- Documentation: dbt and Notion
- Visualizations: Tableau, Redash
What you will bring to the table:
- You are currently a student and want to do an end-of-year internship, or have just graduated and can still benefit from an internship contract
- An academic background in quantitative field: maths, statistics, engineering or business with proven analytical skills and most of all an insatiable willingness to learn more in the field
- A previous internship experience in an analytics team
- An engineering mindset: you thrive to build scalable and reliable systems, with a high level of rigor and a keen eye for detail
- You have experience querying databases with SQL
- You can communicate about complex technical topics
- You are able to understand various team needs and challenges and help them build relevant reporting
- ...and an excellent level of English, both written and spoken!
- Experience using the command line and git
- Advanced experience on SQL, Python, R or another programming language
What we offer:
- Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the centre of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town, and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria. We have headquarters in San Francisco and European offices in Paris and Oslo
- A remote friendly policy: this position is based in our Paris office with up to 2 days of remote work per week (we’re also open to full remote applications).
- A company culture that seeks to reinforce Diversity, Equity and Inclusion thanks to a dedicated task force. A work environment where you’re empowered and can be authentic
- A Swile lunch card
- The latest Apple equipment
- Unlimited €30 vouchers for your Getaround bookings