Back to jobs listings
Data Analytics Engineer
Data & Intelligence - Paris - Full-time
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is now part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
- As an analytics engineer, you're an enabler for the rest of the data team and our product. You allow the team to operate in a fast and reliable manner by building intuitive contribution frameworks (version control, testing, multiple environments, and continuous integration), and overseeing data warehousing developments to maintain high standards of reliability, performance and reusability of assets.
- If you define yourself as a full stack data analyst, if a tidy data warehouse brings you joy and if you want to support a variety of analytics, machine learning, and embedded analytics use cases, let’s talk!
What you'll work on:
- Engage data analysts in the adoption of state of the art software engineering best practices by developing simplified frameworks and workflows, featuring version control, testing, multiple environments, and continuous integration
- Audit, design and maintain core data transformations in SQL (dbt) to transform raw data into a data model that reflects our core business challenges. Ensure excellent standards of testing, alerting and documentation in line with the scope and criticality of these pipelines
- Support data analysts in the daily execution of their projects by providing guidelines, reviewing code and ensuring their work respects our standards. You help them grow their software engineering practices while ensuring codebase quality.
- Write great educational content to scale shared knowledge on our analytics practices, both for the team and external stakeholders
- Seize the opportunity of being a dbt user to contribute to the thriving open source community we are part of while keeping a close eye on the latest trends in modern data stacks
- Create a staging environment for the data warehouse
- Review the architecture of our data marts
- Add a SQL linter to our CircleCI’s workflow
- Develop and maintain data sources for in-app dashboards
- Refactor core tables in our data warehouse to rely on a new type of extract-load processes
Our projects are diverse and impactful!
Who you'll work with:
- You'll belong to the data team of 9 experienced and caring data enthusiasts, reporting into the Product department. You will report to Loïc, our Analytics Engineering manager.
- You will also have frequent interactions with software developers, DevOps and business users across the whole organization.
What tools we use:
- We constantly maintain our stack up to speed with advanced tools corresponding to our needs
- Databases and storage: Snowflake, MySQL, S3
- Collection and orchestration: Airflow and Stitch
- Transformation: dbt
- Continuous integration: CircleCI using dbt testing features
- Documentation: dbt and Notion
- Visualizations: Tableau, Redash
- Embedded analytics : Metabase
What you will bring to the table:
- A 2+ years work experience in an analytics position in a tech environment
- An engineering mindset: you thrive to build scalable and reliable systems, with a high level of rigor and a keen eye for detail
- Passion for writing complex and elegant SQL, you understand the difference between SQL that works, and performant SQL
- Experience using the command line and git. Experience with Python or other data-oriented programming languages is a strong plus
- You can communicate clearly and directly about complex technical topics with various profiles across the organization
- Experience collaborating with data engineers and devops on a modern data stack is a strong plus
- Proficient English level
What we offer:
- Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the centre of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town, and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- This position is based in Paris, with flexible remote policy (up to 2 days of remote work per week).